Friday, July 11, 2014

Today I arrived at a coffee shop to work on my thesis proposal... And upon sitting down I realized I forgot my wallet. I asked the server if I could just stay and work for a couple hours, that I was a regular and that I'd have to bike all the way home and back... And she refused me, saying she would get in trouble. Fair enough. I walked out, tail between my legs... Then a woman approached me. "Would you like a toonie or something so u can get a coffee? I just heard your plea"...So thrilled I didn't have to bike all the way home and back again, I accepted.. :) She so kindly gave me $3. Humbled I returned to the same coffee shop and now write with an Americano beside me. Today I've been truly touched by the kindness of a stranger... And can't wait to pay it forward



via Instagram http://ift.tt/1s4yZLr

No comments:

Post a Comment